The perfect way to combine teaching with my own interest in food and wine was to ask the three Freshman classes (15 year-olds) to write me a typical Italian recipe in English. Drumroll please…..Winner #1 is Sara Giletta from 1LB with her jam pie dessert!
(written in her English) very cute
- white flour
- 2 eggs
- 30 hazelnuts
- half bag (packet) of baking powder
- half cup of vegetable oil
- a baking tin
- a bowl
- a blender
- Butter a baking tin (30 cm diameter)
- spread breadcrumbs in the baking tin
- put 30 hazelnuts with a handful of sugar in a blender
- Mix in a bowl hazelnuts, 2 eggs, 100 grams of sugar, half a cup of vegetable oil, and half a bag of baking powder.
- Add white flour until you get a soft smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into two.
- Roll out the dough and spread with apricot jam.
- Roll out the other half of the dough.
- Cut it into stripes of 2 cm.
- Criss cross the stripes of dough on the jam
- Put the left over dough on the edges.
- Bake at 180°C for 25 minutes.